Re: line-breaking bug in 2.19

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: line-breaking bug in 2.19
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 22:58:01 +0100

Hi,

> Starting with version 2.19.0, the bassoon part from
> <http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=1793>
> gets a short line.
>
> The first commit where this happens is f8416b for issue 3304 (making
> horizontal spacing even) but it seems that for any values of the ideal
> horizontal spacing, the line-breaker should find full lines.  The original
> cause might be from one of the line-breaking issues like 3441.
>
> It will take some time to minimize the example, as it always does.

This looks very surprising indeed.
I have tried to minimize the example, but unfortunately convert-ly is
not enough to make the score compile with 2.19, and it seems
non-trivial to upgrade it.  Since you have a version of the sources
that can be compiled with 2.19, maybe you could send them to me and
i'll try producing a minimal example?

> I'll try to revert the most-likely cause before 2.19.1

I see that you haven't done this, and i think it's good.  The patch
makes so many things look better that it may not be worth reverting it
just because of this issue.

best,
Janek

PS sorry for not replying earlier! :-/