Re: Patchy merge fails - I know why but not sure if I can fix it

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Patchy merge fails - I know why but not sure if I can fix it
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:04:49 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: James
To: Francisco Vila
Cc: LilyPond-Devel list
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 12:46 PM

OK it was the translations after all. I have just pushed a new patch to
remove that @snippet from all the other docs and it compiles with no issues.

I am running the merge now.

Thanks

james

Yes - this is a trap for the unwary. I've done the same thing myself. If the snippet is referenced anywhere in any of the docs (except snippets) it'll have to be edited out as part of the patch. Sometimes make doc still works on your test machine because the file still exists on the branch you're testing against, or similar. Or the translations weren't built. Or something else.

--
Phil Holmes