Re: Question about new feature - Color and/or parenthesize single dots i

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Question about new feature - Color and/or parenthesize single dots in fret-diagrams
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 22:18:51 +0200

Hi James,

> Hello,
>
> I know nothing about Fret Diagrams or anything to do with this kind of music
> notation, I am looking at some very simple examples (without merely cutting
> pasting reg tests) for this new feature.
>
> It seems to me that
>
> This new feature only applies to 'fret-diagram-verbose' mode and you cannot
> apply this to the 'terse' mode constructs or 'predefined' fret boards?

Correct, like the already existing 'inverted.

> Also, as these are 'markups', is the Staff mandatory?

It works as a standalone markup, too

> So for example, the most simplest example we document is (pretty much):
>
> \include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly"
> \new FretBoards {
>   \chordmode { c1 }
>   <c' e' g'>1
> }
>
> So is it possible to apply a
>
> \fret-diagram-verbose #'( ... )
>
> construct in a \new FretBoards { ... } block
>

> Apologies if this is a basic question, but I'd like to really give as useful
> example as I can without all the other cruft (Staff, Chord names, staff
> notes etc.).
>

> James

How about:

\markup {
  "A6/5"
  \vcenter
  \override #'(size . 1.5)
  \override #'(fret-diagram-details . (
                       (finger-code . in-dot)
                       (paren-padding . 0.15)
                       (fret-label-horizontal-offset . 0.5)))
        \fret-diagram-verbose #'(
          (open 1)
          (place-fret 1 5 1 red inverted default-paren-color parenthesized)
          (place-fret 2 7 4)
          (place-fret 3 6 2)
          (place-fret 4 7 3)
          (open 5)