Re: Issue 4156: Define Smob<> constructors. (issue 152370043 by address@

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 4156: Define Smob<> constructors. (issue 152370043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 18:52:57 +0000

On 2014/10/11 17:53:13, Dan Eble wrote:
On 2014/10/09 05:13:48, dak wrote:
> Incidentally, do you use git cl
> for uploading?  Your reviews are remarkable in that they do not
allow
> comparing/viewing the various versions of your uploads.  That should
> not usually happen so it would be interesting to know what causes
this
> situation.

I have been using "git cl upload origin/master" with my branch checked
out.
What is responsible for determining the differences between uploaded
patch sets?

I'm not sure.  One thing is likely that "my branch" has a certain
continuity in being related to the same issue (git cl records some info
in .git/config per-branch).  What I usually do is to have my branches
associated with an upstream branch.

git branch -b issuexxx origin

when creating the branch would do that, as would an explicit

git branch --set-upstream=origin

I have no idea whether one of the two is definitely involved.  But
keeping the same branch around is likely important.  Renaming it is
fine: I do that frequently and it keeps the relation to the issue around
just fine.

https://codereview.appspot.com/152370043/