Re: GUB fail with smob templates

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GUB fail with smob templates
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:29:26 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>

This is getting absolutely ridiculous, but I pushed another "fix" to
staging (basically, I now have to cast a member function pointer to its
own type before comparing it with another member function pointer cast
to its type).

OK: I'm running patchy-staging now and will tryu again once the fix is in master.

With regard to upgrading gcc versions, I think that the latest 4.8
version of gcc should be a reasonably safe bet.  However, I don't know
whether darwin-ppc is still a supported platform for it.  One would
probably have to take the last supported version.

I'll do some research on the ppc and once I've tried this fix, I'll look at upgrading GUB.

--
Phil Holmes