Re: Issue 4169: Line and page breaking syntactic sugar (issue 156400043

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Issue 4169: Line and page breaking syntactic sugar (issue 156400043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 16:33:56 +0000

On 2014/10/20 04:34:56, Keith wrote:
Looks good to me.
I'm just suggesting more changes that you might want to do at the same
time.

https://codereview.appspot.com/156400043/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely
File Documentation/notation/spacing.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/156400043/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode1769
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:1769: @node Explicit breaks
Probably you can eliminate this entire section.

https://codereview.appspot.com/156400043/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode1773
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:1773: commands are ignored by
LilyPond.
There are two commands to
I am confused by the sentence above.  The only time I have seen
LilyPond ignore
a \break is where there was no bar-line; we have \bar "" for that.
Probably the
manual would be better without this.

https://codereview.appspot.com/156400043/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode1820
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:1820:
{using-an-extra-voice-for-breaks.ly}
Maybe move this snippet up to the section you are editing on breaks?

Thanks Keith.  I agree with all three suggestions.  As they are relevant
to this patch I'll incorporate them.

I've decided to keep the reverts for the On predefs, since \once does
not do what it says on the tin with these overrides.  Leaving them as
reverts means they behave as expected.

New patch soon.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/156400043/