Re: Windows speed improvements - update

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Windows speed improvements - update
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 18:37:37 +0200

> \repeat unfold 800 { c' d' e'8 d' c'4 }
>
> three times with averages of
>
> 2.16.2: ~21.5 sec.
> 2.19.15: ~ 16 sec.
> 2.19.17: ~ 14 sec.
> 2.19.20: ~ 12 sec.
>
> on Debian.

I did the same test on debian (sid), running the same version several times.
Where not specified, lilypond is installed from the "generic packages"
distributed by lilypond.org.

Recent versions:
2.19.18: ~8 sec
2.19.19: ~8 sec
2.19.20 (compiled): ~8 sec

This is interesting:
2.18.2 (debian package in /usr/bin): ~7 sec
2.18.2 (generic package in /usr/local/bin): ~12 sec

It seems that 2.18.2 from lilypond.org is significantly slower than the
rest.