Re: Fedora issues

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Fedora issues
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:50:25 +1000

Dear Phil,

Thanks. I’m aware that without passing you the score this will possibly never
get fixed. My issue occurs on Fedora 21, 22 and Mint 17, which is Ubuntu based.
At this point, I am going to try a binary chop debugging approach. I had hoped
the previous posting of the failed assertion message may be of some help, but
it is possibly too uncertain as to how the code gets there.

lilypond:
/home/gub/NewGub/gub/target/linux-64/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-release-unstable/flower/include/interval.hh:226:
 T Interval_t<T>::center() const [with T = double]: Assertion `!is_empty ()'
failed.

Fedora seems to have a bunch of issues at the moment. Is there any way that the
development team could try a build on Fedora?

I understand my issue and the gs issue are separate. Sadly, this combination
kills lilypond totally for me, or at least restricts me to never being able to
go further than 2.19.20. I tried using gdb on the program but the output
showing the crash stack frame is overwhelming and impossible to understand
without being an expert on the internals.

Is lilypond restricted to 32 bit?

Andrew