Re: What's up with input/regression/page-spacing.ly ?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: What's up with input/regression/page-spacing.ly ?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 11:31:21 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:19 AM

> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/input/regression/collated-files.html#page-spacing.ly>
> looks mostly as one would think it should.
>
> There are some effects to be seen in
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/input/regression/collated-files.html#page-spacing.ly>.
>
> Most of them have disappeared by
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/input/regression/collated-files.html#page-spacing.ly>.
>
> As of
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/input/regression/collated-files.html#page-spacing.ly>,
> nothing appears to make an effect except possibly bottom-spacing, and
> the diagram for
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/input/regression/collated-files.html#page-spacing.ly>
> looks almost perfectly regular.
>
> What's up here?

Well, this explains one of them:
0b75a399362e0e06c738d37ae096ee0e8bcc1af1

I suspect some of the others are the result of Joe re-writing the page-spacing
algorithms without changing the regression test.  That was in 2009.  And I
think other changes to these properties have been made over the years.

Trevor