compiling lilypond on a raspberry pi

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: compiling lilypond on a raspberry pi
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 23:43:53 +0000

Dear All,

During a transitional period where I have no computer I have tried
compiling the latest stable version of lilypond from source on a raspberry
pi to see if I could get it working. (The latest raspbian - still Debian
wheezy - is using 2.14.2 which will not work on most of my files.)
Everything works ok (configure gives no errors) up until compilation when
make fails with the following error:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target '../flower/./out/library.a', needed by
'out/lilypond'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/src/lilypond-2.18.2/build/lily'
/home/pi/src/lilypond-2.18.2/stepmake/stepmake/toplevel-targets.make:30:
recipe for target 'install' failed
make: *** [install] Error 2

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is it something I can fix?

Kevin