Re: Fwd: LilyDev Docker image?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Fwd: LilyDev Docker image?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 08:59:44 +0200

> are there any plans to build a Docker image for building LilyPond? It would
> be a much more lightweight solution than a VirtualBox image, so I think
> contributors would be grateful.

I would like to note that Lilypond has been packaged for GNU Guix, a
functional package manager.  To create a lightweight development
environment in which all build dependencies are available one only needs
to run

    guix environment lilypond

It obviously does not include the maintenance tools that come with
LilyDev (such as the extensions/wrappers around git), but I think it’s
very useful and doesn’t require an opaque solution like a Docker image.

~~ Ricardo