Re: non-ASCII spaces in translation-functions.scm

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: non-ASCII spaces in translation-functions.scm
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 11:46:59 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> In lines 84 and 86 of translation-functions, character U+2009 gets
> used in the single-character string.  Is this intentional?  Lines 94
> and 96 use ordinary spaces...
>
> In case U+2009 is really wanted, this (a) deserves a comment and (b)
> lines 94 and 96 should be synchronized to also use U+2009.

U+2009 ("thin space", used around "en-dash") is quite certainly used
intentionally by Valentin here.  I have no idea what's the idea with
using concat on a bunch of make-simple-markup calls on single-character
strings: all that this achieves is pasting together a longer string in
the most cumbersome manner imaginable before passing the assembled
string to a single call of interpret-markup.