Re: Further GUB failure

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Further GUB failure
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 22:07:34 +0200

Dan Eble <address@hidden> writes:

> David wrote:
>> isinf is supposed to be defined in cmath (without scoping) which is
>> included by flower/include/offset.hh.  And of course this works on most
>> platforms or we'd have gotten complaints already.
>
> What’s your source?

I tried interpreting the last draft C++11 standard and did not really
find anything conclusive in there.  So I interpreted this as meaning
non-scoped.

> http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/numeric/math/isinf shows that the
> isinf() provided by cmath is in the std namespace, and only since
> 2011.

Oh great.

>> Dan, wasn't the idea of the patch to remove "using std" from the
>> _include_ files where they'd mess with the namespace of arbitrary files
>> including them?
>
> That was the important part.  I went farther and removed it entirely
> because it is considered good practice to avoid using everything in
> the std namespace.

I reverted both commits belonging to issue 4550.  I have no idea whether
just one would have been necessary but since we didn't test them in
isolation, that seemed like the safest course for now.