Re: Strange error message installing master from git sources

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Strange error message installing master from git sources
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 01:12:37 +0200

> For around a week I have encountered a strange error message when installing
> lilypond master from git sources. I have no local branches.
>
> address@hidden:/usr/local/src/lilypond/build# lilypond -v
> GNU LilyPond 2.19.26
>
> Until at the point shown below, no errors or warnings occurred.
>
> =====
> git pull origin
> ../configure
> make [all]
>
> =====
> address@hidden:/usr/local/src/lilypond/build# make --silent install
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/src/lilypond/build/scripts/build/out/install", line 78,
> in <module>
>     shutil.copy2 (f, dest)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 130, in copy2
>     copyfile(src, dst)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 82, in copyfile
>     with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '@TEXGYRE_DIR@/@TEXGYRE_FILES@'
> /usr/local/src/lilypond/stepmake/stepmake/install-out-targets.make:8: recipe
> for target 'local-install-outfiles' failed
> make[1]: *** [local-install-outfiles] Error 1
> /usr/local/src/lilypond/stepmake/stepmake/toplevel-targets.make:30: recipe
> for target 'install' failed
> make: *** [install] Error 2
> ro
> =====
>
> After this message I first thought the installation must have failed. But
> looking at the timestamps of the executables in /usr/local/bin showed that
> the installation had nevertheless succeeded!
>
> =====
>
> make doc
> make doc install
>
> worked too as expected without errors or warning.
>

> --
> yours,
> Villum Sejersen
> Nørregade  1 A
> DK-4500  Nykøbing Sjælland
> mobil   +45 30 34 03 44

I had a similiar problem:

Being on LilyDev3 ("Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)")

I nuked my build, and started from scratch and I knew texgyre was
_not_ installed.

Trying Dan's advice to get texgyre
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2015-08/msg00132.html
didn't succeed.

"
1. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list to refer to ftp.ca.debian.org instead of
ftp3.nrc.ca, which was incommunicado.
2. sudo apt-get install tex-gyre
[...]
"

Step 2 always failed regardless what I tried for step 1

I ended up downloading the files as adviced by Hosoda-San
"
TeX Gyre download:
http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/
http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/whole
http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/whole/tg-2.005otf.zip
"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2015-08/msg00123.html
putting them in /Desktop/texgyre and pointing to it via
--with-texgyre-dir

I.e., from
address@hidden ~/lilypond-git (master)$
I did (after nuking build-directory):

sh autogen.sh --noconfigure
mkdir -p build/
cd build/
../configure --disable-optimising --with-texgyre-dir=../../Desktop/texgyre
make

Took me a few hours to figure it out, but: success

Cheers,
  Harm