Re: sharing Google Code json data dump

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: sharing Google Code json data dump
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 16:28:16 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden>
To: "Lily-Devel List" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 4:11 PM
Subject: sharing Google Code json data dump

Hi all

I'd like to upload the json file (36 MB) exported from Google Code to Dropbox to make it available to Gogs developers. It may be useful for other projects:
https://github.com/gogits/gogs/issues/809

AFAICS the file contains only public stuff. No email addresses (except those that are also user names).
It is ok to share it to anybody or do you want to have a look at it first?

There's this warning on the google pageĀ¹:

WARNING: The Google Takeout issue dump contains all issues, even those labeled with a Restrict-View-* issue label. Other services like GitHub do not honor Google Code's per-issue privacy settings. All of your issues will be exported using this tool, even issues there were previously only visible to project-administrators.

But I could not find any occurence of Restrict-View

AFAICS it's all in the public domain, so no problem. I should think our personal emails are fairly well known to any spammers, too!

--
Phil Holmes