Re: Improve wording for an NR paragraph (issue 259710043 by address@hidd

From: simon . albrecht
Subject: Re: Improve wording for an NR paragraph (issue 259710043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 10:20:05 +0000

Thanks for the input.

https://codereview.appspot.com/259710043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely
File Documentation/notation/spacing.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/259710043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode3489
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:3489: will take up more space than
if they are on the same system.
On 2015/09/03 01:28:05, Dan Eble wrote:
"If these endings are spread over two systems, they take up more space
than if
they were on the same system."

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/259710043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode3490
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:3490: Or dynamics that @q{stick
out} of a system can be moved closer to the staff:
On 2015/09/03 09:27:51, pkx wrote:
On 2015/09/03 01:28:06, Dan Eble wrote:
> Starting a sentence with "or" seems too informal.  How about,
"Another example
> is..."?  Perhaps we could keep just one good example and throw away
the other
> one; or if they are both equally important, maybe they deserve to be
separate
> items.

Yes I'd concur with Dab. I'd simply remove the word 'Or', use a
semi-colon
instead of a full stop and continue with the sentence as it is. We
typically
use a semi colon at the end of 'sentences' that are about to be
illustrated by
an @lilypond example (i.e. instead of the colon you've put here).

A look into the beginning of the NR showed that either a full stop or a
colon is being used.

https://codereview.appspot.com/259710043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode3490
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:3490: Or dynamics that @q{stick
out} of a system can be moved closer to the staff:
Starting a sentence with "or" seems too informal.  How about, "Another
example
is..."?  Perhaps we could keep just one good example and throw away
the other
one; or if they are both equally important, maybe they deserve to be
separate
items.

I chose ‘As another example,’.
It’s plain to me that in this is only one item in the list, with two
examples. I think they’re both valuable.

https://codereview.appspot.com/259710043/