Re: PATCHES: Countdown for September 8th 2015

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: PATCHES: Countdown for September 8th 2015
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 09:54:12 +0100

Thomas Morley wrote Saturday, September 05, 2015 9:13 AM

> Where to post the usual "have-pushed"-message?
>
> I currently don't have an account at sourceforge and I hesitate to
> created one, because I have the feeling, if we all do it, sourceforge
> may become more than a short interim-thingy.
>
> Ofcourse this may happen anyway, so if it's the way for now, I'd go for it
> or
> I could post the message to the bug-list.
>
> What do you think?

The Bug Squad, especially Colin, have worked hard to
bring the Issues DB at SF up to date, following the
hiatus caused by the withdrawal of write-access at GC.
I think now we need to move to keeping it up to date
by giving all active developers, i.e. those with
current patches outstanding, access to maintain it
wrt their own issues and patches.

Of the six patches currently in patch-push status three
are owned by devs already registered.  I think the others
with patches in push status should do so too.

Some discussion on issues is already taking place on SF,
but I think it is premature for _all_ devs to register,
even though that means unregistered devs don't receive
those emails, as some progress is being made with Allura
at Savannah.  Let's wait another week before suggesting
all devs register in the hope we can migrate to Savannah
soon.

Trevor