Re: Anybody invested in ly:make-simple-closure?

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Anybody invested in ly:make-simple-closure?
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:15:39 +0300

> On 24 Sep 2015, at 13:18, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> IIRC, it was introduced to compose offset callbacks,
>
> Oh, it's still being used for that as far as I can tell.  Just not from
> Scheme.

I think before lambdas were widely used they made lots of sense.  I used to
like these because they were easier (for me) to debug than lambda functions,
where all heck could break loose on the inside.  But it is true that they are
not used much anymore.  I’d vote for depreciating them.

The pure/unpure stuff has definitely needed reorganising for almost 9 years now
- there must be a better way to do it.

Cheers,
MS