Re: improving ottavation

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: improving ottavation
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 16:27:01 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kieren MacMillan" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2015 4:08 PM

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the quick and helpful response.

The first question I have is… Where can I post code that I’m working on, as I’m trying to make it the best it can be? I don’t even know whether it would be better [in terms of performance, maintainability, etc.] to use a real Scheme function or a simple music function.

Best,
Kieren.

My suggestion would be to post any actual code on Rietveld, requesting a review. OTOH you might get review saying "that's rubbish" but OTOH you might likely get one with suggestions. By using git-cl and Rietveld, you can also flag that the issue is being looked at to save someone else bothering.

If you simply want an answer to "this line is dotted but I want it dashed, should I do it in c++ or scheme?" then ask on -devel.

--
Phil Holmes