Re: Fwd: MusicXML

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Fwd: MusicXML
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 10:05:19 +0100

Am 18.02.2016 um 09:44 schrieb James Lowe:
> I hope this isn't off-topic but could we get together with the
> Philomelos people?
>
> https://github.com/Philomelos/lilypond-musicxml2ly-dev
>
> I am not sure of the motivation to fork, but if it was just because no
> one was working on MusicXML and the Philomelos 'people' (person?)
> didn't want to dig into the LP codebase, then maybe there is some
> merit in trying to  'merge' their work back into LilyPond?

Helping to merge this back to LilyPond itself is also rewarding. The
reason for the fork is indeed what you describe, and the reason for not
having merged yet is also the lack of time and motivation to go through
the review process.

But *this* MusicXML effort is a completely different from what David
started with last year, so yes, it may be a little bit OT.

Urs