Re: GSoC 2016 - GNU website listing

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: GSoC 2016 - GNU website listing
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 23:04:01 -0500

> On Jan 28, 2016, at 3:02 PM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> LGTM, so that would make it:  (I changed “The user describes” to “Users
> describe”, although either is fine with me.)
>
> LilyPond is a music engraving program devoted to producing the
> highest-quality sheet music possible.  Users describe the music in a
> high-level text input format, which LilyPond processes to produce pdf, png,
> svg, and/or midi files.  LilyPond is written in C++ and Guile (the GNU
> project’s Scheme interpreter), with Guile also serving as user-level
> extension language.

Looks like they have announced the accepted orgs for GSOC:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/

GNU is one of them and it would be good to request for LilyPond to be listed on
the GNU projects page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2016.html

The text we drafted for this is quoted above.

-Paul