Re: broken doc build (orchestra.ly)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: broken doc build (orchestra.ly)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 15:43:11 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> James <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> David

>>> Perhaps.  Knut's problem, however, sounded like it.  If you have
>>> different results from Knut, things are even muddier than I thought.
>>>
>> Just in case it isn't obvious :)
>>
>> Your checkin stuck in staging is because patchy-staging-merge cannot
>> complete the make doc so it won't push to staging, not because there
>> is necessarily anything wrong with your patch.
>
> I'll run one of my own.  It's a nuisance that our results differ.  Wait:
> my patchy runs with --enable-checking instead of --disable-optimising
> because I have the following patch applied:

[...]

> I'll revert this patch at my end and see whether I get anywhere
> different.
>
> Knut, did you use any options to ./configure ?  config.log should
> mention how configure was called.

Soooo.  This took longer than I thought because I hibernated the laptop
(Doh!) before going to sleep.

It completed in the morning.  How-e-ver: staging had already been pushed
to master previously by someone else.  Did someone test manually?  Or do
other patchies not fail in the manner Knut's setup does?