Re: Let define-session-public place variables natively into parser (issu

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Let define-session-public place variables natively into parser (issue 300110043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 08:05:41 -0700

On 2016/05/27 06:03:44, dak wrote:
On 2016/05/27 04:23:29, Carl wrote:
> Looks very nice to me.  I couldn't have done it, but I love how it
works.

Can you elaborate on the "couldn't have done it" part?
define-session-public
copies some ugly code (concerning undead structures or something) from
define-session.  Is it that, or the heavily underdocumented module
system of
Guile that's involved here?  Because I have a patch reorganizing the
session
stuff in limbo that would remove/replace the undead machinery with
something
saner.  Possibly giving fewer useful diagnostics, but we haven't had
any
_useful_ hint from that area for years.

It's the module system of Guile.  I have no idea how the module system
works.  I'm vaguely aware that there are modules, and that variables are
scoped locally to the modules, but that's about it.

To be fair, I haven't spent any time digging in to that aspect of
LilyPond.  I assume that if I dug into it I could learn it, but that's
beyond my current understanding.

Thanks,

Carl

https://codereview.appspot.com/300110043/