Re: [GSoC] Implement cross-voice dynamic spanners (issue 304160043 by ad

From: Nathan Chou
Subject: Re: [GSoC] Implement cross-voice dynamic spanners (issue 304160043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 03:13:49 -0700

Hi,

I am almost done moving multiple/cross-voice spanner code out of specific
engravers into the Spanner_engraver class. I just want to make sure this
approach is on the right track before finishing up and submitting the patch:

New instances of the engraver are created to handle
spanners/events/announcements with particular id's. The instance initially
created with the context will maintain a map/list of the additional child
instances that are created.

Instead of the listen_ or acknowledge_ functions in the engraver, a special
function is called in Spanner_engraver when listening or acknowledging.
This function then calls the listen_ or acknowledge_ function:
* On just the engraver instance corresponding to the spanner-id, if this
was indicated when the listener/acknowledger was added
* On all engraver instances otherwise

This does seem to allow each instance (and the engraver code) to only have
to deal with one spanner. Please let me know of any improvements or
concerns, thanks!

Nathan