first draft of css changes from John Roper (issue 313170043 by address@h

From: graham
Subject: first draft of css changes from John Roper (issue 313170043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 11:08:08 -0800

Reviewers: ,

https://codereview.appspot.com/313170043/diff/1/Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css
File Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/313170043/diff/1/Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css#newcode27
Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css:27: @import
url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cabin');
Please do not make multiple changes in a single commit; that makes it
harder to track what is changing.

I suggest that the first commit be purely for the navbar, but I'm
certainly open to discussing it.

https://codereview.appspot.com/313170043/diff/1/Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css#newcode64
Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css:64: color: #0c6be8;
This appears to make visited links /lighter/, which strikes me as a bit
odd.  Isn't the default to make visited links darker?

Hmm, according to
http://stackoverflow.com/a/4774037
(which in turn cites W3C), the recommended unvisited link is #0000EE
(dark blue), while the recommended visited link is #551A8B (deep
purple).

https://codereview.appspot.com/313170043/diff/1/Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css#newcode83
Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css:83: margin-top: 15px;
I would feel more comfortable with em or rem here, instead of pixels.  I
do see that the original file used 7px here, but I consider that a
mistake that we don't need to continue.

https://codereview.appspot.com/313170043/diff/1/Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css#newcode122
Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css:122: height: 20px;
Again, I suggest that we avoid px in this age of retina displays, cell
phone browsing, etc.

https://codereview.appspot.com/313170043/diff/1/Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css#newcode151
Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css:151:
Please do not add blank links.

FIXME DO NOT MERGE first draft of css changes

Please review this at https://codereview.appspot.com/313170043/

Affected files (+44, -88 lines):
  M Documentation/css/lilypond-website.css