Re: PATCHES - Countdown for January 8th

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: PATCHES - Countdown for January 8th
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 03:17:38 +0100

On 09.01.2017 01:28, Thomas Morley wrote:
Well, James set it to Patch:push, so push it, unless you think the review
wasn’t sound and it should get another one.
OTOH, regardless of what you think of { 8 8~ 2 4 }, the version of this
latest patch is uncontroversial as far as I see.
So why not reset the review-cycle?
Makes little sense to push this one and modify it immediately afterwards.
There's no_constraint_  to push it in current state, if you think the
new patch is better.

I get a feeling we’re very good at producing misunderstandings right now… :-)
I actually meant pushing the latest version of the patch without restarting
review.  To make it really clear, I produced a new patch, with only one line
altered, which after the review process we had can be pushed as is. And I gave
it a different name, now including the issue number as recommended.

Best, Simon