Woodwind diagrams: Recorder

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Woodwind diagrams: Recorder
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:54:29 +0100

Hello,

I'd like to create recorder key diagrams like other woodwind
instruments have (thanks to the impressive work Mike Solomon did in
2010).

Recorder diagrams are very simple and the nearest existent instrument
is tin-whistle, just recorders have seven holes, the seventh being
usually drawn with an offset to the left, plus an Octave hole at top
right.

 Before starting, I have a question just in case anyone can answer:
Should I create a Recorder entry into the tin-whistle family in
scm/display-woodwinds-diagrams.scm, or better create a new Recorder
family?

Should I first try making a stand-alone file with uses the existent
functions, or is better to directly modify
display-woodwinds-diagrams.scm?

Thanks. I wonder what is the IDE of choice when developing such
complex Scheme code.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com