Re: How to adjust space between ChordNames and Staff?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: How to adjust space between ChordNames and Staff?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 23:20:29 -0000

Thomas Morley wrote Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:26 PM

>> The spacing between ChordNames and Staff seems a bit tight by default. I've
>> been trying to adjust it but I haven't figured out the right magic words
>
> Do it in \layout
>
> chordStuff = \chords { c1 d:m }
>
> melody = \relative c'' { c4 c c c | d d d d }
>
> \score {
>  <<
>    \new ChordNames  { \chordStuff }
>    \new Staff { \melody }
>  >>
>  \layout {
>      \context {
>        \ChordNames
>        \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding = #10
>      }
>  }
> }

Interesting.  Does that mean the ChordNames and Lyrics contexts behave
differently wrt the vertical spacing controls when these are placed within a
\with { } block, since Lyrics can be spaced out that way?

If so, is this intended for some reason ... or a bug?

Trevor