Re: Back in the Pond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Back in the Pond
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 02:05:18 +0000

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 02:01:40PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > David, you wrote Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:18 AM
> >
> >> it would appear that my excursion into a regular workplace ended up
> >> somewhat shortlived.

Ouch, that sucks.  :(

> Well, the 2.20 release stoppers of course should be tackled.  Step 1
> IIRC was to contact the persons last having worked on three issues you
> identified.  Uhm, I'd be glad to leave that in Graham's hand, at least
> until it's clear that addressing those issues will have to be done by
> somebody else.

Right, I haven't forgotten, but I likely won't get to this until
Feb.  I've had a poor (and rare) reaction to some recent
vaccinations [1], and lost most of 5 days in the past two weeks.
I'm not certain how much energy I'll have after catching up on
work, and getting some work done for a Feb 4 board meeting for an
(offline) amateur music organization.

[1] I don't regret getting the vaccinations, since it's an
important public health issue and most people with whom I go
ballroom dancing are seniors.  For me personally, I'd be willing
to take my chances with the flu or even MMR, but for the elderly
those illnesses could well be fatal.  I just wish that I'd had a
better idea that I'd be one of the unusual people who have bad
side effects.  :(