Re: VirtualBox error

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: VirtualBox error
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 16:20:12 +0100

On 07/06/17 00:54, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>> Got what?
>
> Hmmm… Looks like the list didn't accept my screenshot…  =(
>
> Anyway, it was a fatal error.
> I have apparently fixed it (?) by uninstalling and doing the whole procedure
> again from scratch.

Dunno whether it's what you had, but you always need to install the
correct kernel modules, which means if you try and install then run it
without rebooting, that could have been your problem.

I run gentoo, and upgrading VBox is always a pain because I keep on
forgetting to update the modules. Of course, knowing about the problem,
I usually recognise it instantly now but it was quite a nuisance initially.

Cheers,
Wol