Re: add a generic markFormatter function (issue 337400043 by address@hid

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: add a generic markFormatter function (issue 337400043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 00:30:08 -0800

On 2018/01/05 08:26:11, Malte Meyn wrote:
On 2018/01/05 08:23:05, lemzwerg wrote:
> Hmm, not having an `alphabet' specification could also have a
default, namely
> 'alphabet, so I really don't see a reason for a separate mandatory
argument.

How about a variadic function?

I just realised that this wasn’t really an answer to your statement.
What I just was thinking about: Maybe one could save the explicit list
and make the function variadic; then you don’t need a distinction
between the first and other arguments. But now I think your suggestion
is better because you don’t have to type as much. Maybe it would even be
possible to write

\set Score.markFormatter = \format-mark-generic
alphabet,circle,repeat,mixedcase

https://codereview.appspot.com/337400043/