vertical position of Rests and MMRs

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: vertical position of Rests and MMRs
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 13:07:49 +0100

Hi list,

I need some advice on how to deal with breve and longer rests. While I tried to fix issue 3208 (correct choice of rest glyphs for MMRs) I also “fixed” vertical position of the rest glyphs for shorter rests, ia. e. I made the behaviour of Rests and MultiMeasureRests more consistent. But this breaks some regtests (breve and longer rests in TabStaff).

Then I opened issue 5258 (correct vertical positioning of breve/longa rest glyphs both for Rests and MMRs). This would fix these broken regtests if I knew how to solve it (see discussion for my unsuccessful attempts).

How should I proceed?

1. try to change the patch for 3208 so that it doesn’t touch vertical positions and leave this completely for later (not only 5258 but another issue because half and shorter rests are *really* ugly at the moment) 2. push the patch for 3208 (it’ll be counted down on Jan 19) and live with the regression until 5258 is fixed 3. push the patch for 3208 and decide that this regression isn’t that bad because breve rests always look ugly in TabStaff 4. let 3208 wait and try to make a patch which fixes both 3208 and 5258 at the same time

https://codereview.appspot.com/335410043

[no patch for 5258 uploaded yet]

Cheers,
Malte