Re: Error Messages in wrong language

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Error Messages in wrong language
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 18:48:25 +0100

> On 27 Jan 2018, at 17:51, Joseph Austin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> When I run from Terminal, I get messages in English.
> When I run through Frescobaldi, I get messages in English
>
> When I run by clicking the app name in the Applications folder, I get
> messages in Spanish,
> even with version 2.19.80-1
>
> I don't understand what is going on, but at least I have a work-around.

When run, as an app, it does not get the environment that bash in Terminal sets
up.

Maybe it gets it from System Preferences > Language and Region > Region. What
do you have there?

There is a suggestion for setting them [1],
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Info.plist, but it does not seem to help.

1.
https://superuser.com/questions/476752/setting-environment-variables-in-os-x-for-gui-applications