Re: GSoC 2018 Interest and Information Request

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GSoC 2018 Interest and Information Request
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 21:37:40 +0100

Ed Harbison <address@hidden> writes:

> Oh boy Karlin, the history here is amazing.  I live right in the
> historic district, and I’ve even played with the trombones up in the
> belfry during Vespers.  It truly is astounding with some of the
> history here.  Heck, I’ve played music in a room that George
> Washington stayed in during the Revolutionary War.  I’m so glad to be
> a part of what goes on here.  I’d never leave if I didn’t have to!

Ah, the States.  I sang the Mass in B minor in the room that Charlemagne
used as chapel and where he was crowned emperor half a dozen of
centuries before Christopher Columbus discovered the Americas.  Many
cities in the Old World are easily older than one or two thousand years.

Some people would have never left if they didn't have to...