Re: Figured bass, Was: Re[2]: using 'flat' or # in a title

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Figured bass, Was: Re[2]: using 'flat' or # in a title
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 17:03:56 +0200

> However, the second figure is still not aligned with the second
> quarter note of the half note.  I tried several things to change its
> alignment; the example of a lyrics duration in the manual has a tied
> note, and uses the duration to put a word on the second element of the
> tie, but that isn't what I want to do.

As long as you use the \addlyrics feature to copy the rhythm of
the music line to the lyrics it's impossible to specify a shorter
duration for a syllable than for the corresponding note.
One solution is to remove the \addlyrics and type in the durations
of each syllable explicitly. I don't know what would happen if you
replaced the half note, say "c2" with "<c2 {s4 s4}>", the manual
says that \addlyrics can give undesired effects if the music line
is not single rhythm.

 /Mats