tie at end/start

From: Ian Bailey-Mortimer
Subject: tie at end/start
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:46:17 +1000

Hi again,

I am typesetting a concerto grosso. The 5th movement goes straight on into
the 6th, with ties between the last and first notes respectively in the
ripieno parts.

At the moment I have this at the end of the 5th movement:
    g,1
    % fake a tie to the next mvmt
    * 7/8 ~ \property Voice.NoteHead \override #'transparent = ##t g,1 * 1/8
.. but I'm not sure how to achieve the same thing - an unattached tie - at the
start of the 6th mvmt.

Any ideas for a neat(er) way to do this?

TIA,
Ian
Ian Bailey-Mortimer <address@hidden>  <_><
- Reply with `Subject: SIGEDIT' and body `help' to set your .signature prefs -

Music is the nearest at hand, the most orderly, the most delicate, and the most
perfect, of all bodily pleasures; it is also the only one which is equally
helpful to all the ages of man. (Ruskin, Music in Greek Education)