Re: Chords spanning staves?

From: Daniel Burrows
Subject: Re: Chords spanning staves?
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 07:36:07 -0400

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 11:53:31AM +0200, Jérémie Lumbroso <address@hidden> was
heard to say:
> DB>   I'm typesetting some piano music that has large chords in the vicinity
> DB> of middle C.  I'd like to have the chords use both staves, to avoid having
> DB> too many ledger lines, but I haven't been able to get Lilypond to do this.
> DB> Is this possible, or is it a missing feature?
>
> No,  it  is  possible  already,  you  just  need  to use the
> \autochange  command.  For more details, visit the following
> link :
>
> http://www.lilypond.org/development/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Automatic-staff-changes.html

  I did use the autochange command; Lily put the entire chord on either the
top or bottom staff.  What I want is some notes on one staff and some on
another.  Am I just doing something wrong in using autochange?  (I thought
it looked straightforward, and it works for single-note voices..)

  I've attached an example.  As far as I can see, autochange doesn't affect
the chords at all.

   Thanks,
  Daniel

--
/-------------------- Daniel Burrows <address@hidden> --------------------\
|                           We are Debian of Borg.                            |