Re: Rehearsal Mark positioning

From: Guy Warner
Subject: Re: Rehearsal Mark positioning
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 12:57:54 +0100 (BST)

On 31 Aug 2001, Laura Conrad wrote:

>     Han-Wen> Rehearsal marks are always put on bar lines (between notes). This
>     Han-Wen> reflects standard practice AFAIK.
>
> It can't be standard practice in music without barlines, though.  Or
> in music in general if they're at a point where there isn't a
> barline.

I have found the trick to get rehearsal marks to work is usually a
combination of inserting a dummy bar line into the music, ie.
        \bar ""
and using the line
        \property Score.RehearsalMark \set #'extra-offset = #'( x . y )
where x and y are the distance I need to move the mark.

Guy Warner

--
  --> --> --> --> http://www-maths.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/~gcw/ <-- <-- <-- <--
  As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality they are not certain,