Fwd: fingering

From: emre akbas
Subject: Fwd: fingering
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 23:33:36 +0200

Hello,
 I'm a classical guitar player, so i'm interested in writing scores
for
 classical guitar. Naturally, score written for classical guitar
consist
 of many finger instructions (for both hands) as well as string
instruction.
 I have two questions:
 * Lilypond puts fingering instructions only to the top or bottom of
the
note,
   but it's sometimes necessary to put the fingering instruction just
near(left
   of, or right of) the note. Is there a way to do this ?
 * I coulnd't have found out how to put string info, i.e. which string
is
   be played, in lilypond manuals.(i'm using version 1.4.2) In
classical
guitar
   score string info is shown with a circled number. Is there a way to
do
   this ?