Chord name size in Lilypond 1.4.2

From: Jonathan Woithe
Subject: Chord name size in Lilypond 1.4.2
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 09:22:27 +0930 (CST)

Hi All

I initially sent this to gnu-music-discuss but so far have had no responses
(either to me personally or in the list archives it seems).  It's arguable
that it belongs in this list anyway.

I've just recently upgraded to Lilypond 1.4.2 from 1.2.17.  Aside from a few
syntactic differences which convert-lilypond did not pick up, things went
quite smoothly.

My major problem at the moment is that chord names appear to be typeset in a
much bigger font than they were under 1.2.17.  This causes considerable
problems when chords follow rapidly on from one another - the names run
together and you get an incomprehensible mess.  I estimate that the chord
name sizes are about 1.5 to 2 times larger than they were under 1.2.17.

Is there any way to alter the size of the font used to typeset the chord
names?  I've tried font-relative-size but it appears ineffective, even
though the other font properties seem to work fine (such as making the font
italic for example).

Please CC: me any replies since I don't subscribe to the list.

Thanks in advance
  jonathan
--
* Jonathan Woithe    address@hidden                        *