Re: editorial accidentals-repost to proper group

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: editorial accidentals-repost to proper group
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:45:48 +0200

Why not add the accidentals as text scripts. For figured bass
notation, I usually use the following definitions:

#(define text-flat '((font-relative-size . -2)
         ((raise . 0.2) (music "accidentals--1"))))
#(define text-natural '((font-relative-size . -2)
         ((raise . 0.35) (music "accidentals-0"))))
#(define text-sharp '((font-relative-size . -2)
         ((raise . 0.35) (music "accidentals-1"))))

Usage:

c2^#text-sharp d4^#text-flat e^#`(columns ,text-sharp " 4")

If you just use the symbols alone, never combined with some
other text, you could remove the (raise ....) part of the
definitions. If you want to adjust the spacing between the
accidentals and the note (or staff line, whichever is closest),
use
\property Voice.TextScript \set #'padding = #3

   /Mats