lilypond stress test Mozart's Requiem

From: Martin Norbäck
Subject: lilypond stress test Mozart's Requiem
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 12:32:08 +0200

I am stress testing lilypond by typesetting Mozart's Requiem (the full
score).

I've run into some problems.
Some Staffs feature two instruments, when one is resting for several
bars, I don't want the rest sign if the other instrument is playing. If
use 's' then the rest sign won't show up if I make an extract with just
that instrument.

The generated MIDI file contains a strange track (number one), which
seems to be the organ track, and uses instrument number 127. If i remove
some other voices, this doesn't happen, so this must be a bug.

Also, I would really appreciate suggestions on how to improve both
typesetting and MIDI generation. For instance, how can I make trills
come out as \trill in the typeset score and as repeated notes in the
MIDI file? Also, using the notation c4:16, which Mozart uses doesn't
give c16 c16 c16 c16 in the MIDI output.

I've typeset one part now, please find it at
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/lily/K626/

Regards,

        Martin

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.