midi to ly conversion

From: Martin Norbäck
Subject: midi to ly conversion
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:26:38 +0200

I tried to use midi to ly conversion on a midi file[1], (which also happens
to be some voices of the score I am working on). I thought I would save
myself some work by converting this file to ly.

The original file[2] is in Encore[3] format, which I don't know how to
convert, so my only option is to use the midi file.

Unfortunately, midi2ly does a poor job combining notes on a staff,
giving five voices, when in reality only two is needed. I estimate that
Combining them by hand is as big a job as typing them in from scratch.

So my next try was to import them in Rosegarden[4]. Rosegarden does a much
better job combining voices. But alas, the only export option viable is
PMX, which the pmx2ly input filter chokes on.

So what to do? Does anyone have a solution (either a better midi2ly or a
way to export from rosegarden to ly, or a completely different
approach)?

Another option would be to beg for help from anyone using encore, to
export them into a more lilypond-friendly format.

Regards,

        Martin

[1] http://cpdl.snaptel.com/sound/moz-6262.mid
[2] http://cpdl.snaptel.com/source/moz-626.zip
[3] http://www.gvox.com/store/encore.cfm
[4] http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden/

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.