Re: checking for kpse_find_file

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: checking for kpse_find_file
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:59:22 +0200

> Hello all,
>
>       I'm just asking if anyone ever got anywhere solving this one:
>
> checking for kpathsea/kpathsea.h... yes
> checking for kpse_find_file in -lkpathsea... no
> checking for kpse_find_file... no
> configure: error: Cannot find kpathsea functions.  You should install
> kpathsea;
> see INSTALL.txt.  Rerun ./configure --without-kpathsea only if kpathsea is
> not available for your platform.
>
>       On Caldera, TeX is installed in /opt/teTeX but I've symlinked
> kpathsea into /usr/include so that it can be found. It's obviously not
> enough, though. A couple of tests were mentioned on this list a while ago,
> for checking that it's a recent enough version (it is) and that it works
> (it does).

It is not enough to find the include files, the linker should
also be able to find the libkpathsea.a library file.
One possibility is to link it to /usr/lib, another possibility is
to set the environment variable LDFLAGS to '-L/opt/teTeX/lib'
(or whatever directory your lib file is stored).

Don't forget to remove confic.cache before rerunning configure.

   /Mats