Re: dashed tie?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: dashed tie?
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:37:28 +0200

> > One fairly standard way to indicate this is to print two noteheads,
> > with a dashed or dotted tie between the notes.  Is there a property I
> > can set to have lily do this?
>
> This works for me (1.4.7):
>
> \score {
>     \notes {
>         \property Staff.noAutoBeaming = ##t
>         \time 6/8
>         \property Voice.Slur \override #'dashed = #1
>         \relative c'' { d4. e f8( )f e f4. }
>     }
> }
>
> Vary the parameter #1 to get different effects.
>
> The info documentation says Slur supports #'dash-length and #'dash-period
> but these had no effect for me; YMMV.
>
> Question: why doesn't Tie also support #'dashed? (Try using a ~ instead of
> a slur.)

It does, if you use \property Voice.Tie \override #'dashed = #1
There are predefined macros, \slurDotted, \slurSolid, \tieDotted
and \tieSolid, for these settings. Unfortunately, the only
documentation of these and all other macros is in the file where
they are defined, ly/property.ly  (called property-init.ly in 1.5.x).

   /Mats