Re: Python 2.1 / lilypond 1.5 in mdk 8.1

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Python 2.1 / lilypond 1.5 in mdk 8.1
Date: 30 Sep 2001 23:17:38 +0200

Olivier Guéry <address@hidden> writes:

>       I install the new Mandrake 8.1 distribution, and, the first thing I do
> is... Compiling my lily !! (Mandrake give the 1.4.2, as rpm).
>       But, during the compilation, there was an error :
>       The same problem comes with 1.5.14 but not with 1.4.8.

You can ignore this error, it's only the new midi2ly that doesn't get
built.

>       Python and python-devel rpms are install, the configure script find
> Python (no warning during this one), and Python.h is in the
> /usr/include/python2.1/ directory.

>       What's wrong ? This version of python (2.1) is too early (python 2.2,
> is about to come...).

What a strange python setup.  It is common practice to have

    /usr/include/python
    /usr/include/python2

symlinks to your active python devel installation.  Is this python
devel package native mandrake?

Hmm, should we really go looking in /usr/include/python2.[0123]
directories for a Python.h header?

Jan.