Re: How to begin?

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: How to begin?
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:42:02 +0200

Antoniouk Sergio wrote:

> Some time ago I download lilypond 1.4.7, compile it and try to some of
> mutopia examples.

Installing more than one version only leads to trouble - because the
fonts differ in the different versions and you risk lilypond mistakedly
uses fonts from the wrong version.
Stick with 1.4.7 and try to get it to work.

You did not mention wheter you accessed lilypond directly or ly2dvi.
I cannot get lilypond's direct postscript to work - i get the same
fenomenon as you do. Try invoking ly2dvi instead and see if it helps.

-Rune