Re: How to begin?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to begin?
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:48:15 +0200

> Some time ago I download lilypond 1.4.7, compile it and try to some of
> mutopia examples.
> Ouput files contains only five-line staffs and some junk letters.

This indicates that TeX didn't find the Lilypond fonts.
Read the first FAQ at http://lilypond.org/wiki/?PostProcessing.

> Then I download 1.4.0.rpm install it and try again.
> Wow! Notes appeared on the staves! But no klefs displayed at all.
> Then I play around in different ways, but no noticeable progress
> achieved.

The RPM:s install a file in /etc/profile.d/ that makes the
necessary variable settings, that's why it worked better.
I have no direct clue about the clefs, though.
You can find an RMP of 1.4.7 at www.lilypond.org i shouldn't
hurt to try that one or build 1.4.8 yourself (but note the
5th FAQ at http://lilypond.org/wiki/?PostProcessing).

If you still don't get any clefs, please send us a short example
including both .ly, .dvi and .ps files.

   /Mats