Re: How to begin?

From: Olivier Guéry
Subject: Re: How to begin?
Date: 01 Oct 2001 12:03:18 +0200

On lun, 2001-10-01 at 12:43, Antoniouk Sergio wrote:
> Some time ago I download lilypond 1.4.7, compile it and try to some of
> mutopia examples.
> Ouput files contains only five-line staffs and some junk letters.
> Then I download 1.4.0.rpm install it and try again.
> Wow! Notes appeared on the staves! But no klefs displayed at all.
> Then I play around in different ways, but no noticeable progress
> achieved.
>
> I have redhat 7.1
>
> What's wrong with lilypond?
> What's wrong with me?
>
> Thanks.

        First, the last stable realease is the 1.4.8... get it :o)
        I've got some trouble too with fonts when I install differents things
here is my solution (on a mdk).
        Go to your /var/lib/texmf/pk/ljfour/public and erase the lilypond
directory.
        Then
        ./configure && make all && make check
        su
        make install

        As explane in the FAQ (http://lilypond.org/wiki/?LilyPondFaqs), do (as
root).

 cd /usr/share/texmf/fonts/source/public
 ln -s /usr/local/share/lilypond/mf lilypond
 mktexlsr (or texhash)

You also need to make sure that MFINPUTS is empty for this to work.

        This is not exactly for your problem, but for me, it works... I hope it
can help you.
                nemo.