Still: Drums track/notes

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Still: Drums track/notes
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:30:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Amelie Zapf wrote:

> Hi Joerg,
>
> I frequently have to write drum parts. That works, except for the midi
> playback. I define a macro:
>
> cr = {
>       \property Voice.NoteHead \override #'style = #'cross
> }
>
> and
>
> ncr = {
>       \property Voice.NoteHead \revert #'style
> }
>
> That gives me a very convenient way of switching between crossed and normal
> heads. Crosses with circle are, AFAIK, not supported, but the normal crossed
> half-note doesn't look bad.

Thank you all! I tested it and it works! But is there a solution
for a chord with different note heads (the drummer plays
the bass drum and a tom-tom simultaneously).

I tried:

  cr = {
       \property Voice.NoteHead \set #'style = #'cross
  }

  tria = {
       \property Voice.NoteHead \set #'style = #'triangle

  <\cr d \tria f>

but both notes are triangles :-(

Furthermore: As I made an error in LilyPond installation
procedure I incidentally  saw a 4rd symbol: It was
simply a fat line. So I assume there is still a 4rd
drum symbol hidden somewhere in LilyPond.(?)

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)